The Culinary Institute of America picks the top dishes for the season:
- Apple cider doughnut. Pair this autumn classic with caramel dipping sauce and a hot cup of chai. Heaven!
- Chicken in a pot. With the kids back to school and the crazy schedules that go with it, we like an easy, nutritious one-pot dish.
- Cowboy chili. Warm up your tailgate party with a hearty chili that includes chunks of beef, root veggies, corn and chilies.
- Gingered mashed sweet potatoes. For an unexpected twist on a Thanksgiving favorite, add ginger juice — simple to make in a juicer or by grating fresh ginger root.
- Glazed pork loin. Glaze with apple butter and serve with pan gravy and roasted Brussels sprouts.
- Mac and cheese. Make it healthier by substituting puréed cannellini beans for some of the cheese. Creamy and delicious!
- Pumpkin soufflé. Core out a whole, mini-sugar pumpkin and bake your soufflé inside for a classy dessert with a whimsical presentation.
- Roasted butternut squash. Top with a clove-maple syrup glaze and garnish with candied walnuts for a healthy side dish.
- Roasted pear dessert. Top your pears (or apples) with butter streusel and crème fraîche for a treat everyone will love.
- Seafood chowder. Add extra warmth and depth to your chowder by finishing it with brandy or bourbon.
Protect your family. Call De Caro Insurance Agency at (626) 331-0914 for more information on Los Angeles life insurance.
(Article courtesy:USA Weekend)